Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have an Aristocat Silver King. Nice looking gun, but, check out the forend very closely. My brother bought this gun at a garage sale and the original forend had split and was missing a big chunk behind the latch. He sent it to Toronto and had the forend replaced and also had a firing pin fixed. I bought it and shot it for a while before the new forend also broke behind the latch. I have had a gunsmith repair it twice and still it breaks. It has fibreglass tape wrapped around the back of the forend now. Looks like hell but it holds! The brother also had a friend hand make a forend and it split behind the latch as well!!!!. If I ever do anything more with it, I may try having a forend made out of laminate as this should be stronger.
Also I noticed that the barrel selector worked when the safety was either on or off. One day shooting some clays I was playing with this feature and discoverd that if you switched barrels with the safety off, then it fired both barrels at once. This is when the replacement stock split. My local gunsmith looked at it and about 50% of the time it will double if you switch barrels with the safety off.
I only shoot light loads in it now. Bought a used Browning Superposed this year to use instead. Franchi will be a back-up gun.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.