Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - about a year ago, I got a Franchi Diamond 12 ga. o/u from Dick's. Great price and love the gun. Recently, however, while shooting sporting clays, I noticed that the recoil from my first shot would cause the safety to bounce on. The safety seems loose. Needless to say, my usually pathetic score got even worse that day. Anyway, is there a quick fix that I can do for this, or is this something I have to take to a gunsmith or send back to Franchi?

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
There's a little U shaped "clip" spring that keeps tension on the safety... I'd bet that's broken or come unseated. Not a big deal to fix...

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks drsfmd - Any idea how I can fix it?

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
Well, you'll need to figure out what's wrong. :)

I've fixed a couple of them in the shop, but I don't own one, so I can't take a picture for you-- perhaps someone else can.

When you take the stock off the gun, you'll see the underside of the safety. There should be a little U shaped spring clip on the bottom side of the safety. This is the spring that tensions the safety to keep it in the position you want. If that's missing or broken, you'll need to order replacement parts.

I don't recall whether or not the Diamond has an auto safety... if it does, you might have to further disassemble it to get at the piece.

If you aren't comfortable doing this, it's not an item that would be terribly expensive for a gunsmith to fix. Better yet- is the gun still under warranty?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts