Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one else with this gun have trouble with the bolt lever falling out? Mine fell out for the third and final time in waist high grass this past Saturday. Needless to say this time it was never found. I liked many things about the gun but had to return it to Gander Mountain for a refund. I like to hunt birds in the field not parts of my shotgun.

·
Registered
493 Posts
deadapair said:
snakebit said:
I trhought guns weren't reternable, how did you pull that off?
Return policy on firearms is up to individual stores. There is no law saying that firearms cannot be returned for refunds.
Okay, thought the paper work filled out with each gun purchase some how interjected with a return for refund. Good to know.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gander Mountain has a 90 day warranty on guns they sell so getting an exchange or refund was no problem. They were more than understanding considering the gun I had purchased was falling apart after only a month of ownership and only approximately 300 rounds through the gun. They do have at least one sign in the store that I read that says all firearms sales are final. Go figure. At any rate I can only say I am more than satisfied with the way my situation was handled.

I must add that in late October on a family outing to Kansas City, we stopped as Cabelas to look around. I first handled a Franchi I-12 in walnut. While handling the gun the bolt lever fell out on the counter. The salesperson told my wife and I that it was due to all the handling or people like myself who were just browsing the merchandise. Anyway last Saturday when I came home with the hardly used gun minus the bolt, she quickly reminded me of the incident at Cabelas a month or so prior. I took a chance on the gun as it has all the features I wanted as well as the Franchi reputation. Maybe I just got a lemon or maybe I should have paid more attention to the first I-12 I handled. It really doesn't matter as already stated I returned the gun to Gander and I'm sure given time Franchi will offer a solution to the bolt lever falling out.

Troy Tatro

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gander Mountain has a 90 day warranty on guns they sell so getting an exchange or refund was no problem. They were more than understanding considering the gun I had purchased was falling apart after only a month of ownership and only approximately 300 rounds through the gun. They do have at least one sign in the store that I read that says all firearms sales are final. Go figure. At any rate I can only say I am more than satisfied with the way my situation was handled.

I must add that in late October on a family outing to Kansas City, we stopped as Cabelas to look around. I first handled a Franchi I-12 in walnut. While handling the gun the bolt lever fell out on the counter. The salesperson told my wife and I that it was due to all the handling or people like myself who were just browsing the merchandise. Anyway last Saturday when I came home with the hardly used gun minus the bolt, she quickly reminded me of the incident at Cabelas a month or so prior. I took a chance on the gun as it has all the features I wanted as well as the Franchi reputation. Maybe I just got a lemon or maybe I should have paid more attention to the first I-12 I handled. It really doesn't matter as already stated I returned the gun to Gander and I'm sure given time Franchi will offer a solution to the bolt lever falling out.

Troy Tatro

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.