Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a Franchi Instinct L 28 gauge from bass pro and it arrived to my FFL and the front sight is crooked. I tried to turn it to thread it in more but it was stout in that position, even the guy behind the gun counter was pretty dumbfounded by it. So Im not sure what happened there, seems more like it was over drilled and tapped for it to be in that position.

I was going to swap it out for a bead site anyways, but the only info I found on franchis website was that the TPI was 4x48 and I can not find any front beads or any front sites with that TPI.

Does anyone know the TPI of the front site or have a phone number for franchi so I can call them because I emailed about chokes 3 weeks ago and still haven't received a response.

What makes the situation even worse is Oregon is so behind in "backround checks" It will take about 2 weeks before I can pick the gun up from the FFL. So I do not currently have it infront of me, I would just like to order a bead and be done with this.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Beads like that are fitted by removing material from the bottom surface around the threaded part. You can do this with a file or there is a tool like this-

·
Registered
58 Posts
I ordered a bead for my Instinct L 20 gauge from Midwest Gun Works. Never installed it, so I don't know if the TPI is right, however.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Beads like that are fitted by removing material from the bottom surface around the threaded part. You can do this with a file or there is a tool like this-

Interesting, thank you for that information, I still need to find the appropriate TPI for that tool to work if I read the directions correct.

I ordered a bead for my Instinct L 20 gauge from Midwest Gun Works. Never installed it, so I don't know if the TPI is right, however.
Do you know the TPI for the bead you ordered? Because I can not find anything aftermarket for 4-48

1 - 7 of 7 Posts