Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at the Franchi Renaissance, 12 gauge with 26 inch barrels. I love the appearance, light weight and it seems to fit me perfectly. It should be fantastic for fast shots on flushing game, but how will it be on longer crossing shots? Will the light weight and short barrels be a handicap on those crossing shots that require a smooth swing that keeps the barrels moving with the shot? I am also concerned how the alloy receiver will hold up? Any input from Renaissance owners would be appreciated.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi Marshall. I think you will be fine with the setup you are considering. Just practice your shooting and you will be fine. I prefer 28' tubes as I feel comfortable shooting them. Franchi's are good guns. Don't worry about the receiver, it will stand up to all your shooting needs, unless you shoot tens of thousands of rounds per year, then I would go for a steel receiver gun. From your post sounds like you are looking for a field gun to carry alot for the light weight. Good luck and safe shooting.

JP

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.