Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Franchi semi auto 20 *****. I recently tried shooting Remington field loads in it but it would not eject the spent hull nor work the next shell into the chamber. I assumed that the lighter load did not put off enough gas to properly work the action. My question is: Will turning over the washer under the foregrip allow me to shoot lighter loads?

Thanks in advance for your response.

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
Welcome to SGW. If your 620 has the "Reverpress" piston than it can be flipped around for light and heavy loads. Leave it in the light setting and you can shoot any load. The only time Franchi recommends setting it in the heavy setting is when shooting heavy loads all the time. This is to reduce some felt recoil and will aslo reduce wear on the gun.

Make sure the gun is clean including the gas ports. Is the gun broken in?

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
Or if you have an AL48 which is Long Recoil operated the friction ring needs to be set correctly. For light loads the washer/ring goes with the bevel side down towards the spring and the friction ring on top. For the heavy setting place the washer/ring with the bevel side up towards the front of the gun. Make sure the outside of the magazine tube is lightly lubed and clean.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is an AL 48 and the ring was opposite of what it should have been for light loads.

Thanks to those who responded.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've got a Franchi 720 raptor and the only Remington ammo it will cycle is the shur-shot heavy dove loads. It will do the same thing your gun is doing on ALL other remington loads.
I shoot winchester ammo now and haven't had a problem with a single round regardless of what winchester ammo I use

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
bb,

You may need to add a touch of oil to the mag-tube if you are trying to shoot light loads ---- but not to much or the recoil will be heavier .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts