Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings gents,

I want to purchase a new 20 gauge o/u for the uplands this upcoming season. I have narrowed my search down to the 2 Franchi Models and a few options from Beretta (onyx 686 and silver pigeon).

They are all owned by beretta.....but the franchi seems to...offer slightly more for less. Any advice ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a Alcione-T by Franchi,12ga.28". I like the gun mainly because it fits well. Recoil isn't a problem. Cleaning and breakdown are a cinch. You can buy 20/12ga. barrel sets that interchange. Other than personal fit or engravings I don't think there is a dimes worth of difference in these O/U's.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm a chukar hunter too I think the best chukar gun ever even though I'm a hardcore Beretta fan is the browing citori 16 gauge
once you shoot you'll be a 16 gauge fan for life

·
Registered
518 Posts
I would agree with your opinion on the 16ga., although I'll put my vote in for a sxs vs. an o/u. To answer this post, however, a member of my pointing dog club just purchased a veloce with the english stock, and it is a verylight (5 1/2 lbs. +/-), fast pointing gun. Which it should be, since veloce means "fast" in Italian. Pretty gun too, nice wood, gold bird inlays, and about $1k. Great grouse/upland gun. For chukars, this would seem to be an ideal gun, and cheaper than the Browning also. It even comes with a factory hard case. Cool.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts