Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experiences with The Veloce 20 ga.? I can find little in print or on the web about this gun. It is a great looking gun that comes well. Has any one used Briley chokes with it? Sporting Clays?

I really appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!

·
Registered
332 Posts
I HAD ONE WITH 26" BARRELS. WEIGHT LESS THAN 6LBS. WAS A JOY TO CARRY. BUT I GOT IN TO SPORTING CLAYS AND IT WAS JUST TOO LIGHT. IF I COULD AFFORD TO KEEP IT I WOULD HAVE.

·
Registered
17,956 Posts
Yup, I've got one. A friend has one too. He has used his a lot more than mine! I have used it some for informal clay shooting, but not anything organized. I did shoot a couple rounds of skeet with it, one round of Sporting clays. No I haven't used any Briley tubes. I am awaiting as we, um, er, speak, for the arival of a couple new choke tubes from Geo. Trulock! It comes with a cyl, imp cyl, and mod. It is a very nice shotgun. Only thing I dislike about it is it automaticly returns to safety upon opening the action. Kind of a pain when shooting skeet or clays. I'm thinking of using it this thursday for my Sporting clays leauge. Haven't decided for sure yet. No more than it weighs I'm tempted to just tote it arround along with my Lightning Sporting Clays 12 ga and shoot it at some of the "easier" stations!

BP

·
Registered
33 Posts
I held one in the store this weekend. It looked and felt very nice. It was personally too light for me, but I'm sure many other will appreciate that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick responses. This post lives up to its reputation. The Veloce I have is the 28" barrel model. It comes up well and I think will be better on the clays course than the 26" version. But what I really bought it for was for preserve shooting, chukkars and pheasants mostly. I'm still interested in hearing about Briley external chokes from anyone out there. Also, any patterning difficulties with this gun???

Flyfishr

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I shoot a veloce 20 for grouse, woodcock and some pheasant hunting. I have also shot it for a couple of thousand rounds of skeet and sporting clays. I love it. I bought 2 Briley chokes for skeet and they work great. Enjoy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the post, Whacker. Which Brileys do you use for skeet?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.