Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Shooters,

Just a note. The free samples of the DRRT12 (Remington TGT-12) replacement or the DRRF8 (Remington Figure 8 ) replacement wads.

Shipped today, via the US Post Office.

So you should see them in a couple of days.

Thanks Again

Kevin @ 402-463-3415

·
Registered
554 Posts
Thanks Kevin. I received a box today from Nebraska that contained some plastic items suspiciously looking like Fig. 8 wads and a note saying for testing. Hmmmm Just when I figured the XL-1 can't be beat by anything out there, will know pretty soon. Single digits at night not much better in the day so the "lab" is ready. Taking off the next week for Muzzleloading so after that will get some testing done. Thanks for a great product. Damn it took me a couple cases of different DR wads to settle on the XL-1. All the DR wads have worked out so well it is hard to tell, here we go again. Not that I'm complaining about an excuse to break more targets!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Kevin~

I'm VERY anxious to try your 1-oz wads in my STS hulls. Up until now I've stuck with 1-1/8 payloads because most of my shooting is dove or casual trap, and frankly I'm just an average shooter. I've always thought I should load recipies which replicate the factory STS Target and Nitro ammo I have. I really hope the sample you sent proves that 1-oz loads could be my "GO TO" load for much of my shooting! That includes rabbit, squirrel and quail loads as well...

Thanks very much for the opportunity to branch out. If it works as I hope, you will be my sole source for my 1-oz wads!

Dave (nitesite)

·
Registered
753 Posts
Thanks Kevin! More of your great wads to try. Let me know if you need some cold weather performance feedback. We are coming up on temps below zero in a month or so and I can try them out any way you like.

Dan

·
Registered
322 Posts
Kevin,
Thanks for the sample of DRRT12 (Rem. TGT replacement).
I've just finished loading my favorite 1 oz. load in Remington Gun Club hulls. They'll be with me at the skeet range this week. The crimps were identical with the results I had been getting with the Rem. TGT's. I weighed the DRRT12 and the TGT wads on my scale and the were a very close +/- .2 gr.
They should, by general appearances, perform the same. I'd love to get away from the price I have to pay for the Rem. TGT's. Looks like a winner!

Chuck

·
Registered
574 Posts
Kevin,
I just went and loaded up a box of the XXL Pinks in a 3/4oz managed recoil load. All I can say is NICE! The wads felt great in my hands and looked damn good.

I'll let you know how the XXL Oranges and the Purple ones feel this weekend.

Did I mention that it's now dove, quail and waterfowl season?

Oh and do you manufacture any wads for non-toxic shot?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
I got Some DRRF8's in the mail today. They look nice. Thanks I'll give them a try.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Arrived today! Thanks very much Kevin.

Regards,

Mark

·
Registered
98 Posts
They were waiting for me when I came home from pheasant hunting with my brother and my son.

It's always good to have quality choices for reloading.

Thanks, Kevin

PS: Your DRA12 Yellow wads worked great in the field.
We bagged 5 birds.

Don

·
Registered
714 Posts
thank you for the samples Kevin, i'm trying to get my retailer to start carring your wads. I think i've almost have him talked into carring them.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts