·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Today's clinic was great! We had about 20 kids come out today. Each one went away excited and planning on bringing more back. After speaking to the parents I feel like 50-60 might show up next time the way they were speaking. I think the parents had as much as the kids. Every child was able to hit some targets, no one went away skunked.

My role in the event was minor. The people who did the work were my great volunteers who helped to instruct. Also several people voluntered their guns to borrow too.

We have a few goals now after this. I plan on repeating this event too! We are looking into branching this out. I got a lot of feedback from parents and kids on their goals.

1. All of them wanted to continue learning so I want to continue have classes for the advanced students.
2. We want to continue having classes to keep introducing children.
3. We also want to start organizing youth teams. Several parents and kids were excited. I heard from more than 3 parents the exact same phrase. (well one was from the parent of a girl so swap out son for daughter and baseball for softball.) "It is great to go watch my son/daughter play baseball, but this is something that we can participate in too. It is great to have something I can do with all my kids and wife!"

I have also had a few people who spokeup and said they would help sponsor the clinics too. With their and hopefully yours too we can help teach more children and more often too!

All in all it was a great day and I think I had more fun than most kids.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts