Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you use the G squared recoil system. I will be using for skeet and SC mostly. Does it hold up under these conditions and styles of shooting. If you like a different system better let me know thanks

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
I have the same G-Squared air cylinder in my K-80 fiitted with the JS Air Cushioned stock. Never a lick of trouble in over 15 years and 150,000 - 200,000 firings. Although I've adjusted air pressure a few times, it's never lost a pound of air in all that time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just a little input from a shooter of 35 yrs. who has shot skeet, trap, sporting clays and numerous other games. I've tried aHydra-Coil (J & S Air Cushion), Kolar-Coil, 1 oz. 12 ga. shells, reducers, and just about everything else to reduce recoil. I am now shooting a Precision Fit Stock on my K-80 which allows me to shoot 3+ dram 12 ga. ammo and it's like shooting a 28 ga. The stock is totally adjustable up, down, cast on, cast off, short, long, firm, or soft. Check it out at www.precisionfitstocks.com. It also comes with a lifetime guarantee. Hope this gives you some more info to answer your question.--GB

·
Registered
3 Posts
In reply to your question on G-Squared, in my opinion it's one of the best. However, with any type of re-coil reducer, stock removal becomes somewhat of a problem. I know of a mechanism that can be installed that will let you release your stock from receiver in less than 10 seconds. If you want more information let me know.

Halfpint

·
Registered
3 Posts
Borrego said:
Do any of you use the G squared recoil system. I will be using for skeet and SC mostly. Does it hold up under these conditions and styles of shooting. If you like a different system better let me know thanks
Hey Borrego, after giving your G-squared recoil system some more thought, I'm sure other guy's are having trouble with any re-coil system they have had installed. When it comes to removing the stock, you have to remove the re-coil system to get to the thru bolt. When I mentioned that I knew a mechanism that you or anyone else out there could remove your stock from receiver in less than 10 seconds. Sam the Man
has a patent now and has installed it in Beretta/Browning/K-80/Remington 3200/Perazzi. The innovation has been very successful in Trap/Skeet and Sporting Clays. Once it is installed, the butt pad and recoil system won't have to be removed again.

Sam the Man has a web site under construction if you want to check it out (www.schenckind.com)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.