Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Galyan's is having a sale on Brenneke Blitz Rifled Slugs, 2 for $2.99.

For the price (cheaper than any other slug in town) I'm going pick up a few at least. Are these stocking up at this price? Or rather are they worth putting off skeet shooting for a couple of months to get a few cases (budget and all).

Michael

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Hi,

Brenneke slugs are very good. But, some guns I've seen can be very picky about them. They either really like them or hate them. I'd buy a couple boxes and give them a try. They can be some of the most accurate slugs you will find. I had an old Mossberg 500 that would lay them into 6" at 100 yards all day. But my brothers' 870 couldn't hardly hit the ground with them. So you won't know till you give them a try.

Dale

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I shot a box of the blitz and a box of the Winchester Super X slugs, both 2.75 12ga.

I'll stick with buck shot. At 30-35 yards with table rest I wasn't able to keep the shots within 12in, let alone within 3in of each other. I was able to shoot better with a borrowed 8mm Mauser that I didn't zero in.

So anyway the shells may or may not be worth the cost, my opinion is they don't work worth a damn in Beretta 391 Xtrema with standard sights.

Michael

G

·
I've shot Brenneke slugs out of 2 shotguns, a 20ga Rem. 1100, and a 12ga Rem. 870, and they've been the best of the foster style I've used. I've killed every deer I've shot with them. I did pick up a box of the new cheap ones and noticed they were a lower brass shell, I don't know how that would affect balistics. As with all shotgun slugs, what works for one gun may not work for the next...I'd buy a few different brands and spend an afternoon bruising your shoulder.

G

·
Gentlemen,

just to get things straight:

the Blitz is not a slug manufactured by Brenneke. It is a slug from Turkey, which is loaded by RWS (Dynamit Nobel). They also buy and load slugs from us (Brenneke).
Brenneke is also offering slug cartridges. Please take a look at: www.brennekeusa.com

Best regards

Ralph Wilhelm
Brenneke HQ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts