Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am glad we are back to pictures of guns, but I understand the urgency of the comments made to Adam. Let's hope he and his friends do not learn the need for everyone to have shooting glasses the hard way. Back to Spanish guns. I use my Garbi 28 gauge, with 28 inch barrels, 2 3/4 inch chambers, IC and Mod, for doves in Argentina and Texas, and for quail and snipe. I have even shot a few wood ducks with it. It hammers clays on a skeet field if I point it in the right direction. I bought the gun because it had a single non selective trigger. Now I prefer two triggers but the cost of a conversion is not worth it, so I will continue to enjoy it with just one. Now let's see if I can post some pictures.

LoboYZorro

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have 3 Garbis (all DT :D ), a 12 a 20 and a 28ga. My 28 is a 2 bbl model 101 set with 28" cyl/mod and 30" mod/full bbls. It has beautiful Turkish walnut , straight stock and small beavertail (coin finish of course) and is possibly my favorite gun. I use it for doves, quail and grouse. Garbis are great shotguns. I posted 2 pics of the 28 ga in Photos under the Misc. file; I wish I could post them here but I've tried and it doesn't work for me :( .
Joe

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
That's an exceptional piece of wood :shock:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all for the comments about my gun. It is my favorite. My son likes it also. I hope he has a long wait to get it!!

Joe, It is a model 103A Prince Albert Special. It is from William Larkin Moore. I bought it used from them and they told me one of their better customers had puchased it originally. It has a low profile safety, a checkered butt and a few other special touches. I was lucky to get it. It has held up to high volume dove shooting and it is great on our Texas quail. I also use it for snipe. I would love to shoot teal with it but I do not want to take it where it is sure to get wet from wet dogs, wet birds, and a fair amount of sloshing through water. Lobo y Zorro (The original Lobo y Zorro are my two black labs.)

Lobo

Zorro

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One more comment. One thing wrong with the gun is the aim of its owner with the original post of the gun pictures. I had intended to post it in the Spanish Gun Photos thread, but I missed. I am glad folks got to see it, and I appreciate the comments. There are some beautiful guns in that thread. If you have not looked at it, I recommend you do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.