Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
30,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Sydney, Australia, there is a police station under deliberate attack by gas bottle bombs in the trunk of a car. The driver attempted to set himself on fire, it's reported.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/07/21 ... arage.html

How's the gun control in Australia working out?

·
Registered
27,021 Posts
And this has what to do with the General Shotgun section?

·
Banned
30,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some people think gun control works if you just ban enough guns.

But what about banning gas bottles and cars?

Australia has banned almost all pump and semi auto guns.

·
Registered
27,021 Posts
oneounceload said:
And this has what to do with the General Shotgun section?
Maybe I typed too fast for you to get it the first time around?

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Might have been more appropriate to post this on the 'Off-Topic' or 'Gun Control' forums. I have to agree that it really isn't a 'Shotguns - General' topic. {hs#

·
Registered
6,826 Posts
I may be missing something, but I think the most effective way to treat a post you don't think is appropriate in a particular forum is to just ignore it and let it die in solitude. Attacking the OP generally just degenerates into two egos competing on who is right with no resolution of the issue. Just let it be is my approach.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
The OP may be banned from posting in those other topic forums.
It's unlikely the discussion will degenerate to a battle of egos. SX1 may be a long winded and boring and hold political views not in line with the majority of the forum members, but he is as polite and cordial an individual as you are likely to find on the Internet.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Riflemeister said:
I may be missing something, but I think the most effective way to treat a post you don't think is appropriate in a particular forum is to just ignore it and let it die in solitude.
OR, you could report it to the moderators with a suggestion that it might be more appropriate if moved to another forum. They can make the decision and act accordingly.
{hs#

·
Banned
30,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To be honest, I made a mistake and posted this in General instead of Off Topic, or Gun Control, which I regularly contribute.

I had to go help somebody, and I got careless with my topics.

But, if Curly would like to move this to either Off Topic or Gun Control, it's fine with me.

What I was hoping was that somebody from Australia could tell us how hard it would be for a nut job in Australia that wanted to go on a suicide mission against a police station to get his hands on a semi auto or pump rifle or shotgun or a Glock to go do it right, and shoot cops until the cops got him with a robot or gunfire?

Because in Australia, to my knowledge there are no Democrats or Republicans, no Black or Blue or All Lives Matter, no semi or pump shotguns or rifles or Glocks in private hands, and their nut jobs that want to kill a bunch of cops have to resort instead to gas bottle bombs and cars.

And one more thing.

In Australia, when somebody comes here in the General scection, I don't recommend choosing between a Mossberg 500 or a Remington 870 Express with a 28" barrel and a laminated wood stock an a new gun warranty.

Which was the reason I mistakenly posted this in the General section.

Excuse me for my error.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
SuperXOne said:
Excuse me for my error.
You are most graciously excused. And as you will notice this thread now rightfully resides in the 'Off Topic' Forum thanks to Curly. :D {hs#

·
Banned
30,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you, both.

The Aussie police terrorist was incompetent.

But the guy in France was very clever.

Attacker in Nice plotted for months with 'accomplices,' prosecutor says
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/21/europe/ni ... index.html

All over this world are nut jobs of all colors and faiths, and to imagine that gun control will stop the nut job on a suicide mission is merely wishful thinking.

I'll bet Sgt Gavin Long of the US Marines might have equaled Timothy McVeigh if he'd have calculated more.

As it was, Long only killed a few of those he hated instead of blowing up the entire police headquarters.

Gun control does not work to stop terrorists, but it might make them more deadly, by necessity.

·
Registered
9,268 Posts
Odd that the story shows up, but the video is some guy getting shot by cops on a bus.

·
Banned
30,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The guy on the bus killed about 100 people in Nice, France with a rented ice cream truck.

A much better score that Michah X Johnson or Sgt Gavin Long.

A really smart terrorist doesn't need MSW to kill those he hates.

·
Registered
9,268 Posts
No, it's not the French thing that shows up it's another vid.

·
Banned
30,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Regardless of the video, the story is the same around the world, and in any language.

The angry, disaffected "true believer" has to first commit to his own death in a duel with the law.

He has the choice of weapons, all the time in the world, and at the last second he can go home and save his life for another attempt later.

In nations where guns are plentiful he may chose a gun, the best one for his duel.

In nations where guns are hard to get he rents a car, bus, truck, boat, or buys a pressure cooker and $200 worth of fireworks or maybe he rents an ice cream truck.

But the terrorist gets the first shot, at a place he chooses, at the time he sets.

It's hard to stop him before he kills.

Take guns off his list and he finds other weapons.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.