Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are buying a gun, you are much better off getting one with stock dimensions that fit your size and shape along with the type of shooting you plan to use it for.

To learn more, visit the section on "trap/skeet/sporting clays" section and click on "Stodk Fitting."

You could also click on stockfitting.virtualave.net/

G

·
Rollin is right on as usual. If you just want home defense, that's different from the thousands of rounds you'll be firing through a trap gun. If you want to do some occasional informal hunting, the shotgun should still fit, but mount can make up for slight irregularities. If it's turkeys or pass-shooting at sea ducks, you need an entirly different type of gun. Asking here in the new shooter forum BEFORE you buy will save you some major hassles and even $$, because we've all made every mistake there is and thus can help you avoid some of them :lol:

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave;

I may have misunderstood the meaning of the description of your difficulty. When you said that you had to move your cheek "away" from the stock, I understood you to mean that you had to raise your head in order to see both beads on the rib. If that is the case, my advice above is accurate.

If, on the other hand, you need to move your head horizontally to align the beads, the problem has a different cause. The cause would be that the "cast" of the stock is wrong for your facial characteristics. Cast is the angling of the stock to the right (cast "off") or to the left (cast "on") from the receiver when viewed from the rear. I won't get into that here because it is a more involved thing to correct.

http://stockfitting.virtualave.net

1 - 3 of 3 Posts