Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Previously posted, but I don't think I worded it right.
What can I do to get my 1187 Turkey gun that is designed to cycle only heavy loads to cycle "normal" field loads. Not necessarily the 7/8 oz. shot promo loads, but your average off-the-shelf dove load? If it matters, the gun will reliably cycle heaby 2 3/4 loads at present.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have an 11-87 Supermag that has the same problem. Does your gun shoot 3-1/2" shells?
If you have a supermag, click on the following link:

http://www.remington.com/support/parts/partsinfo.htm

Notice the "seal activator" listed. You need to order that to shoot light loads. They used to send it to you for free. I don't know if they still do. I got one and haven't had a chance, or need, to use it. I have other shotguns that I use for "light loads".

I hope this helped.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Budd is right ,tou have to get the light gas dumping valve, or covert to another barrel using two gas rings and one "O" ring.
You can find new/used barrels on E-bay and Auction Arms for next to nothing for the 11-87.
Rob.

·
Registered
215 Posts
hi bloodnut, buddlake is correct you need the seal activator to be able to shoot the light loads , i put mine in when i bought gun, remington said you needed it to shoot 2 3/4 shells,i found out that the gun will cycle ok without it but not on light loads . hope this helps,errol

G

·
I just bought an 1187 SuperMag and mine came with this. Their was an included instructional supplement that said this was to be used to improve the cycling of low base 2 3/4 shells. I used it for the first time this weekend with 9 shot shells at the skeet range and it had no problems. Are there any dangers with not using this ring however? And what if I leave it in there and start using 3 or 3 1/2 inch shells?

·
Registered
215 Posts
hi tsales, if you don't use the adpater ring on light loads it may not cycle the the next shell in chamber.
if you leave the ring in it might break something (not sure what) . play it safe and take out the ring if you are planning on shooting 3 or 3 1/2 in mags.
if you are not using light loads take the ring out and the 11-87 will preform ok ,even with one of each 2 3/4,3,3 1/2 in the chamber in any order ,i did try this just to see if it would work and there were no problems . hope this helps you, errol

G

·
Thanks Errol,

I was worried about breaking something so I didnt want to try it. I know that the cycling of all load sizes is a problem for the gas guns that few of the manufacturers have been able to correct. The use of this ring make it difficult to move from the heavy loads for waterfowling to the lighter loads for upland game. I will try using the gun without for a while and see how it works. Thanks again.

-Tracy

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just purchaced a sps 3.5'' and it did not come with the seal activater. I called Remington and they are sending one to me at no charge. You got to love Remington!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.