Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finally getting my first gun, because my parents are anti gun but I'm 18 and the law says I can buy one now. I want to get a shotgun first. I first was looking at the 870 express. I also was looking at the Mossberg 835 Ultimag because of its 3.5 in shell capabilities. They are both 219 up at academy and i have shouldered both guns and the mossberg felt a little bit better. I can also get the 870 super mag for 264, but I don't know if i want to spend the extra money, unless its worth it. If I go with the 870 express, am I gonna be kicking myself in the @$$ because it won't shoot 3.5's. Will the 835 last me a while, because i heard they get jammed. I'm going to go boar hunting sometime this fall do you think a shotgun will do the job?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thank all of yall for the advice, I am going to research some more about the two guns and then decide. I'm leaning to the 870 express, but I can get the ultimag for the same price. I've just seen many threads about the ultimags jaming 3.5's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.