Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Glock series of pistols has been with us for a couple of decades now and remains quite popular. Comparing the Glock to the newer generations of polymer-framed handguns from H&K, S&W, Springfield Armory, etc., how does it hold up in the areas of reliability/accuracy/ergonomics? Are the newer guns better?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm a big pistol shooter as well as shotguns. I've never liked the Glock, I have small hands and they just don't fit my hands. However, the new Springfield XD does fit my hand and I have a XD .45 and am getting ready to buy a XD 40. I really like the pistol. Doesn't look as good as my Sig but it still is a great shooting/handling pistol.

Nick

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I love my Glocks. I have smaller hands and the compact and subcompact Glocks fit me well. I have a G19, G23, G26 and G27. Since I buy slide holsters, I can use them with all 4 guns.

Glocks are durable, reliable and pretty darn accurate. The longer slide models are considered target pistols for Glocks (G34 and G35, I think).

If you can, try before you buy and at least handle them to see if you like the way they fit you.

·
Registered
15,565 Posts
I don't care for them they just don't fit my hands well. I could not hit the broad side of a barn with my friends either.

·
Registered
15,565 Posts
You don't understand, UD, he was trying to hit the barn with his friends.
Stand closer to the barn when you throw it, it helped me tremendously.
Thanks UD that is good advice but they might not likt me dinging the barn with such an ugly outline.

Hey now I would never hit my friends with a barn that would be just rude, a chicken coop maybe but they would have to make me very mad.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I love my Glock.It ain't pretty,in fact it's probably the ugliest gun I own.It's a Model 17 (full size 9mm) and I'd love to have a 17L (longslide target) and a pair of Model 18's----full autos,one for each paw.I'm not a large man,but I do have a pretty decent sized hand and long fingers.Glocks are comfortable to me,especially with the slip on Hogue grip.Me and my bud at his gun store stripped a Glock and Springfield one day just for fun.They are almost exactly the same internally,but remember---Glock did this almost 30 years ago.The XD seems to offer a few more features for the price.I will no doubt try an XD next time I buy something of that nature.I have put everything from reloads,steel jacketed Wolf and factory loads through it without any problems.I did have a problem at around 1,000 rds. and Glock fixed it within a week,no questions asked and gave me a full competition polish job on all the internals.Over 5,000 rds. now without a hiccup.I'm sold on them.Hey,the pretty girl ain't always a good cook.

Jimmy D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts