Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you like the fiber optic sights for clays? Specifically the comp sight by Hy-viz, the one with the changeable light pipes? Please advise. :p

·
Registered
985 Posts
My buddy has the site your talking about. I looked at it and it's ok but I use a truglo magnetic site. It too has changeable pipes but the aim point is much larger. This is completely a personal preference, some folks like the smaller sight. Go to gander and they will let you slap both brands on a gun and see which you like better.

·
Premium Member
2,667 Posts
I have a couple of the HiViz comp sites that have 3 different size pipes and 3 different colors, it will require that you remove the front bead site on your gun.

I like it for the few times that I want and need the site, I really like the green pipe as it stands out well against the dark shape of a wooduck at first light.

This is something that walmart has started carrying around here for about $20.

·
Premium Member
2,667 Posts
Hmmm, strange post......maybe he was hoping for increasing his post count? :p

·
Premium Member
2,667 Posts
But you have to be registered to increase your post count! :lol:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Waistgunner,

I have used the Hi-vis sight but didn't like how bright it was (like someone pointing a lazer at me) so I went w/ the Williams Fire Sight. One color- lime green and about 3/32" it's my fave. It's bright enough to see on dull overcast, rainy days but not overwelming on sunny days( although I havn't seen the sun in a few weeks). Joe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually swear by the Hi-Viz.
I tried the magnetic ones, but they either slid around or fell off alot.
The idea here is to use the fiber-optic as a reference only; youre not supposed to look at the bead, youre supposed to watch the bird. At least thats how I use it. I watch the target, then in the corner of my eye, I bring in the orange dot, set the lead, and shoot.
For those who shoot with this style, a fiber-optic works very well!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Waistgunner- Deadeye is right. A plain white bead is the best. These high visibility sights are great if you want to look at the sight, but your focus should be on the bird, not the sight. Watch the best shooters you can, they won't be using them. they are more of a crutch for someone trying to improve their score

·
Registered
328 Posts
The newest SKB catalog shows that their line of competition O/Us are equipped with the Hi Viz CompSight system.

After experimenting with a Uni-Dot sight on my 391 (if someone is interested I'll make them a great deal on this item) I settled on the little $5. Hi Viz Spark that I picked up at my local Wally World.

I now focus beyond the barrell and the little Spark is a good alignment guide in less-lit environments.

Mike

·
Registered
30 Posts
I shot last night for the first time with the Hi-Viz Comp sight installed on my O/U, using the smallest green light tube. Went 50 straight at singles, so I'm happy with it.

I did put a Wally World Hi-Viz sight of some variety (not the Comp) on one of my other trap guns earlier this year. It has great big honkin' light tubes that really take your attention away from the target. I shot a 10 with it on the first round of singles. Ugh! The Comp is a whole 'nother story...

If our local Wally World carries the Spark, I would try that as an inexpensive replacement for the one I don't like, but I'm really looking for another Comp sight for my top single.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts