Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t shoot or reload .410 and when the question came up amongst some who do in a squad i shot on recently, I couldn’t think of a better place to inquire than here at SGW.com:

Does anyone “know” what the going price(s) is (are) for the old-style, compression-formed, Winchester .410 hulls?

I ask as one of our squad lamented striking out for many months now (as in since last summer) in his pursuit of wads suitable for reloading some old-style Winchester .410 hulls he has.

(I tried asking around on his behalf last summer but, I got tired of getting laughed and smirked at.)

I threw out the question to him, “Why not see if someone who is assuredly sitting on a bunch of those wads you need might want to buy those hulls off you and you put the money toward buying some new, HS hulls to start reloading?

Of course, he shot back, “Welllll, any idea what they’re worth?

Anyone know of any recent sales?

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you've got good Win .410 hulls, they are greater demand than other gauges. I wouldn't sell them for less than $30 / hundred count. Maybe even higher. If not here go to some of the reloading groups on Facebook. They'll go in a hurry...cuz everyone is out. Don't hesitate to go to some of these sites. I had 600+ factory new Federal 10 ga. hulls I wanted to sell here. I couldn't sell here as my "post count" was too low. Posted up on FB and they were gone in a flash. Try "All Things Reloading" to start...you'll find many others. Be prepared...people will see you as a scam at first due to a plethora of low-life's taking advantage of shortages today. But they will go once they see you're for real. I wish I loaded .410's...I'd take em' off you right now.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Same wad for both hulls. Ck claybuster. You will see.
I will let him know!

(I know he’d said he’d been told otherwise but, I haven’t a clue who he talked to)

I guess it’s a shame I don’t reload .410 as, if I did I am certain I’d have this moving forward months ago …

Thanks again and HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Take a look at gun broker and you will see what some are willing to pay. This may be different then what they are actually worth, but you will get an idea. He could use the claybuster wad, waa41 if he could find. Gun broker again, price for those are near gold

·
Registered
459 Posts
90$ for 300. Start there. After a few weeks, lower price to 80$.
Shipping included….use USPS medium box.
Easy as pumpkin pie.

H

For what’s it worth, I use CB410 for both HS and CF.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Take a look at gun broker and you will see what some are willing to pay. This may be different then what they are actually worth, but you will get an idea. He could use the claybuster wad, waa41 if he could find. Gun broker again, price for those are near gold
True enough for Gunbroker...especially the cost. I've bought and sold for about 15 years on GB. But it's getting expensive to list. PLUS...they just just announced another fee hike. Plus...too many rumors anymore that GB is sharing info with groups most of us would NOT approve of. You're gonna lose 15%+ at a minimum selling on GB with fees/tax

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
90$ for 300. Start there. After a few weeks, lower price to 80$.
Shipping included….use USPS medium box.
Easy as pumpkin pie.

H

For what’s it worth, I use CB410 for both HS and CF.
Sumbudee say, “pumpkin pie?”🤣

Just goes to show how little selling, let alone “advising“ on selling I do!

Good thinking and I am passing both ideas on (actually, I’ve already texted my buddy what AHI posted but, I know he has a house overflowing with guests today through the weekend)

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The last I sold a few months ago was 20 cents each.
Thanks, D! I am letting him know (I probably won’t get to shoot with that group again anytime soon (sigh) but, my advice to him is gonna be to try the new style Win or ClayBuster wads in those old hulls and, if he tried once before, try again)

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Thanks, D! I am letting him know (I probably won’t get to shoot with that group again anytime soon (sigh) but, my advice to him is gonna be to try the new style Win or ClayBuster wads in those old hulls and, if he tried once before, try again)
I personally don’t like the claybuster wad in those hulls. It can be used but I don’t like the fit either, perhaps he is the same.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I use the CB red clone wad in CF hulls. The silver letter hulls have more room vs black letter. Also suggest not using a hogged-out shot bar/bushing. An unaltered MEC 1/2 oz bar works perfectly. Haven't tried the Federal .410 wad, but am even able to make the Rem SP410 work by using a Special Skeet 502 1/2 oz bar.

Probably the best wad for CF .410 AAs is the PC410Orange from Downrange.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I find the red Claybuster wads don't fit in the old CF hulls either. Have heard it reported they are better after be two or three firings. I personally get better hull life from the HS hulls. As stated, right now any 410 hull is valuable. I want some more 3".

1 - 20 of 31 Posts