Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me introduce myself,my name is Keith. I have had a passion for MX for 22 yrs,I have lost that passion.Won't get into details as of why,but I believe I have found a new passion.

Long story short,I was at my local gun shop for 1.5hr feeling different models.Narrowed down between the Benelli SBE2 or the Evolve sporting. I will only be shooting skeet no hunting,I am totally green coming into this sport. I have done extensive research on both guns,which really made me take the SBE2 as my pick.Even though I am just shooting skeet the SBE2 will shoot up to 3.5 inch Inertia driven. I shouldered both for 10 minutes straight and I love the Evolve sporting, the SBE2 felt good,but the Evolve felt right. I am just waiting for my Firearms Purchasers card to come in and the Evolve is mine.
The Evolve Sporting is a 30 inch barrel,with a 2 3/4 in chamber.Semi

1-I just have a couple of questions:
What kind of loads in 2 3/4 in can I shoot up to?

2- Do 2 pistons come with this model? the website did not mentions this!

3-HOW WOULD YOU BREAK-IN a new semi, load type?

Thanks for the replys in advance.

Keith.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Any 2 3/4" shell it can handle. Barrel should say special steel on it so even steel also.

Don't know if it comes with more tham one gas piston.

Break it in by shooting it, duh. :lol: A 1/18oz target load to start with and experiment with lighter stuff after that.

The Evolve Sporting is a better choice. Plus your own words, "it felt right". Well there is exactly what you want.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
01lariat said:
Any 2 3/4" shell it can handle. Barrel should say special steel on it so even steel also.

Don't know if it comes with more tham one gas piston.

Break it in by shooting it, duh. :lol: A 1/18oz target load to start with and experiment with lighter stuff after that.

The Evolve Sporting is a better choice. Plus your own words, "it felt right". Well there is exactly what you want.
Chris thanks for the come-back I was looking for! 8) Start off with 1 1/8 oz correct?

Keith

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Welcome, Keith!

BIGRED455 said:
1-I just have a couple of questions:
What kind of loads in 2 3/4 in can I shoot up to?
I have a Gold Evolve (the regular one, not the Sporting, but there aren't that many differences), and it cycles even 7/8th oz loads without any trouble. The heaviest I've shot were some buckshot and 1 1/4th oz loads, but you don't want those for clays.

2- Do 2 pistons come with this model? the website did not mentions this!
Only one piston, and you don't have to turn it around for heavy/light loads or anything. It's ready to go right out of the box.

3-HOW WOULD YOU BREAK-IN a new semi, load type?
What I did was go to an outdoor range and shoot at the steel silhouettes. I fired 200 heavy loads (bring a friend, that way you can alternate and give your shoulder a rest in between) to break in the gun. Browning says that no break in is needed, but it was fun blasting the targets :)

Cameron

·
Registered
13,098 Posts
It should come with two pistons. Break the action in with a few hundred heavy field loads. After that, break the gun all the way down to clean it and lightly lube it with a good synthetis oil. The Browning/Winchester design is one of the better systems for cycling lighter loads.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Worc said:
It should come with two pistons. Break the action in with a few hundred heavy field loads. After that, break the gun all the way down to clean it and lightly lube it with a good synthetis oil. The Browning/Winchester design is one of the better systems for cycling lighter loads.
Worc when you say field loads,could you be more specific?Remember I am Green. :roll: I guess different pistons for different loads,I will read the manual when I purchase. Thanks.

Keith

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
I'd just run a couple boxes of STS 1 1/8 1200fps loads in it. I wouldn't doubt it shooting way lighter out of the box, but that there is a very common target load that is sure to function just fine in most every autoloaders. I never seen the need to buy a heavier field loading. The gun better function with more or less what it is going to get a steady diet of out of the box imo.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
01lariat said:
I'd just run a couple boxes of STS 1 1/8 1200fps loads in it. I wouldn't doubt it shooting way lighter out of the box, but that there is a very common target load that is sure to function just fine in most every autoloaders. I never seen the need to buy a heavier field loading. The gun better function with more or less what it is going to get a steady diet of out of the box imo.
Thanks Chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts