Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes i posted this in the sporting clays section to, but i think it belongs here. I am getitn into exhibition shooting and am looking for a good autoloader to start with. What are some good ones in a good prove range. i dont want anything overly expensive. I also want something that will take mag ext, ad i will be holding 7+1 for what ill be doing. i am learning the tim bradley and tom knapp tricks.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Get a Mossberg 930 with a 28" barrel, then contact Choate Machine and order a 10 round (+5) extended magazine tube and have a great time. You will have less than $500 into your rig and if you get good, manufacturers will be giving you guns to shoot with. The 930 is more than reliable enough especially if your just starting out...

I have 2 Mossberg 930's, one is the 28" field version and the other is the 930SPX, the SPX has a +3 mag extention and I can shoot all 8 shot under 2 seconds. I've tried the "hand-thrown" clays thing... I can get 4 maybe 5 depending on whos counting and if counting 2 breaks with one shot counts....

The key is to have fun....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya i was lookin into the 930 turkey model in black synthetic. how much do they run new? all i need is it, mag extension and fiber optic sights and im ready. i was lookin into 24inch barrel. should i go 28?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
The only reason to go with the longer barrel is the Mag Extention won't stick out past the end of the barrel with a 28". Choate recommends a 9-shot extention with a 24" barrel length.

http://www.riflestock.com/catalog_page_ ... wProduct=0

Make sure to use a plug during "hunting season"...

Smitty

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.