Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I stopped by the local range this morning to shoot some trap on report to warm up followed by a couple rounds of skeet. I was actually thinking that today would be the day I got a 25, didn't happen. I ran the trap on report like a complete rookie hitting only 23 (about half of my usual) and the dragged my tail to the skeet houses. I ended up shooting next to a guy that is a serious shooter, heck his gun looked like it cost more than my truck, anyway I shot one round and then he started giving pointers. Holy Smokes! There are like a hundred things to try and remember!! Stance, feet spacing, shotgun elevation, don't look at the bead, look at the house, lean forward...... the list goes on and on.

I'm very thankful this man took the time to help and I plan to go out again next weekend to meet him for some more help. Although I think my shooting scores are going to suffer while I try to relearn how to shoot.

On a lighter note I did finally hit the clays on the last two stations (where they come right at you) and I've NEVER hit those before.

Ricky.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Junkers88 said:
I'm very thankful this man took the time to help and I plan to go out again next weekend to meet him for some more help. Although I think my shooting scores are going to suffer while I try to relearn how to shoot.
Keep this in mind and you won't get discouraged or go wrong. After watching and watching Bender's DVDs, and practicing what I saw/heard, I saw my scores go up. If I got off my penny pinching butt and took some one on one lessons I could only imagine what would happen.

Good luck Junkers!

( I liked the ME262 myself )

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Congratulations on reaching a level of skeet illumination! You've just found the greatest secret of skeet--the people! Skeet shooters are great people. They're friendly and willing to help you out. Welcome to the addiction.

:D

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Ricky,

There's some truly great guys at the Albuquerque range, they've helped me out a lot.

Equismith mentioned the Todd Bender videos, if you'd like to arrange to borrow them, send me a PM. They are a real help.

I usually shoot there Saturday mornings.

Slim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts