Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As gun season opens in many states tomorrow, I just wanted to wish each and everyone of you who are continuing the great american tradition of deer hunting, the very best of luck.

Be safe, strap in and enjoy the time spent in the woods and with family and/or friends. :)

Jim

·
Registered
40 Posts
I will have to wait until the 24th also.. I've already taken one with the Muzzleloading barrel for my Mossy 500 this year. as for next Sat I will have the scoped rifled barrel and field barrel ready. depending on conditions.

I would love to be in MI hunting with my Father and Brother today.

Good Luck!!!!

·
Registered
384 Posts
My season (Montana) opened in October and I only have slightly more then a week left.

Filled both my deer tages. "B" for doe and "A" for buck. Nice big fat whitetail doe that I got 78.5 pounds of meat off cut and wrapped (WOW !!!). Little buck only 52 pounds of meat off him and the rack wasn't worth saving (I'm not a horn guy anyway --- I like meat !!!). Both were taken with my NEF-USH 12ga. with Lyman slugs.

Still working on getting my Elk tag filled. There is some land back behind a gravel pit that is "shotgun / muzzle-loader / handgun -- only" and a heard of Elk has been spotted several mornings in a row crossing the highway right there. Know the guy who ownes that land and I might go out there and see if I can bag a big cow with lots of meat on her. Usually no elk in that area and regs say you can take anything so long as its an elk. Most other districts are "brow-tine bull only". Have been busy with work up till now but I took vacation time for the last week of hunting season (this upcomming week for me in my state) so we will just have to see come Monday morning.

Good luck to all the rest of you !!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts