Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had pheasant breast cutlets sooooooooooo good

saltines crushed for bread crumb with a fistful a romano grated cheese in it , italian parsely, 3 cloves of finely chopped garlic (about 1 sleeve of satines for 6 cutlets
dredge cutlet in flour than egg then these wonderful bread crumbs
than cook in frying pan with vegtable oil until golden brown

They are so good and worth trying

·
Registered
264 Posts
Been doing it that way for years, only without the cheese, parsely & garlic. Might have to try the additional ingrediants.

Seasoned flour, egg and then crackers was how my mother taught me to fry fish. Try your recipe on some fish filets. Yum, yum!

·
Registered
15,565 Posts
Sounds pretty similar to my recipee I just use bread crumbs instead of crackers. I make a nice chicken gravy and mashed taters for a great chicken fried Pheasant. I also pound it out a bit before coating and cooking as well.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I've used the crushed saltine crackers for years ... on anything that is usually breaded.

Couldn't find/make either bread crumbs or crushed crackers in camp one night for some walleye... used crushed potato chips instead. Very Good.

Lately been experimenting with "Panko" ... Japanese breadcrumbs. Amazing. Really good on (breaded) shrimp & scallops, on haddock and on schnitzel so far. Much better
than standard breadcrumbs. Hooray for the Food Channel !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts