Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all those attending,safe travels and break um all or at least as many as possible :)

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Hopp,

I just returned from setting my courses for the Texas State Championships next week. I can tell everyone from being on the grounds at Caney Creek these last few days that the place looks great and in my opinion Justin and staff are way ahead of the curve. The courses are set and will be looked at by several different people. I can tell you that I like my courses and that I hope everyone enjoys them. This will probably be my last course set. I am thinking about retiring from target setting but who knows what will happen. There are a lot of great target setters out there now and many of the old guys don't set much anymore. Lets all go out and enjoy a great state shoot. I hope all of the rain goes to San Angelo and stays there for the duration of this tournament. The Caney Creek water shed doesn't need anymore water and San Angelo does. Now that's a good trade.

Mike McAlpine

PS I hope those that were critical of Caney Creek at the Open will enjoy this shoot an give Beth, Justin and the entire staff a big pat on the back. Setting any major tournament is really a financial crap shoot and for many like the people at Caney Creek, a labor of love.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.