Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
My opinion on cheap ammo is if you spend $10.00 on a box of cheap steel ammo for geese and end up wounding or crippling the birds then have to swat them or worse yet they fly off with pellets in their *** you've saved nothing.

It is our duty as (I'm channeling Ted Nugent) ethical, reasoning predators to make the cleanest, most humane kills possible.

That being said, may I recommend Remington Hevi-Shot or Federal Tungsten Iron 12gauge 3" loads in #2 or #3 shot through a Modified choke. These are Killers.

Sure they are more expensive but I guarantee you that if your mark is true you will KILL more game with these shells.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I am usually so busy in the fall since I have been in college (how many degrees do I think I need anyway) that I only get to hunt a half dozen times or so per year. I discovered Hevi-shot last fall, and this year I plan to use it exclusively. I will only need probably five boxes at the most, so that is what $75 for a seasons worth of ammo that also happens to fold them clean in the air. It really does hit the birds very hard, I have yet to see a hit bird try to fly or run, somthing steel can do even for a well placed hit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.