Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for info (pictures, pricing, etc.) on a Goro DBL barrel shotgun (side by side) that was made in Spain and sold by "Worldwide Distributors" out of Seattle, WA.

I do not have the shotgun on-hand as I am looking for this info for a relative.

The stock has the names Lucio and Sabelle Goro on it.

Suppossedly it is listed in a publication called "Side By Sides of the World" , but I have not been able to find it.

Anyone with any information on this shotgun, please email me at [email protected]

THANKS FOR ANY ASSISTANCE!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello,

I would like some info on the same firearm. The only marking on the top of the one barrel is GORO. There are no other markings, except for proof marks on the underside. It is a S x S and no other markings identify it, not even what Gauge it is (12). Any information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I do have this firearm in my possession and I've looked it over..it says GORO..not gorosabel....but who knows, it might be the same manufacturer... any and all info would help, I'd like to find out more info on the firearm...I got it from my dad, but I'm not sure where he originally got it. It's in pretty good shape. I have a photo of me holding it when I was a little guy..approx. 35 years ago.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,163 Posts
The similarity between "Gorosabel" and "Sabelle Goro" is striking. My guess (but it is only a guess) is that it is the same company, with the name twisted to get around some kind of copyright. Maybe the company gave an importer exclusive US rights to all guns sold under the Gorosabel brand name... I dunno. It is an interesting question.

I have heard the Gorosabel name mentioned many times, but I never found anybody that had much information about them.

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
Pedro Gorosabel was a maker in Eibar, Spain in the '50s and in the '60s. His mark was usually on the watertable and looked so:

P.G.- L.G.

He sometimes used Italian barrels but his guns were assembled in Spain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts