Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found a used Automate to buy for my 12ga reloader. It has a 28ga reloader attached to it. I didn't want it, but it was the only way to get the seller to agree to do a deal for the automate

I have no real idea what to do with it really. I don't have a 28ga gun. I've been reloading 3/4oz for lighter loads.

I could just sell it...

Or... maybe I should buy a 28ga shotgun so I have a use for it.

What a touch choice to make... hmmm???

Reactions: sherpa guide

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I hate to have to be the one who tells you, but it's code of conduct to follow through and buy a gun. I know it seems unfair, but life is tough and you have to bear these burdens from time to time.

Courage
Bobcat

·
Registered
732 Posts
Bobcat Welding said:
I hate to have to be the one who tells you, but it's code of conduct to follow through and buy a gun. I know it seems unfair, but life is tough and you have to bear these burdens from time to time.

Courage
Bobcat
Definitely agree with this, it is your duty to provide a shotgun that will require loading on that 28 ga machine.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
toptechX6 said:
Bobcat Welding said:

Courage
Bobcat
Definitely agree with this, it is your duty to provide a shotgun that will require loading on that 28 ga machine.
Absolutely!! Once you have a 28 gauge, you'll wonder why you waited so long to get one.
Oh, by the way, since your 28 gauge loader is already adjusted to the Automate, be sure you adjust your 12 gauge to the Automate so you don't have to change the current length of the pull rod. That way, you can jump back and forth between reloaders in a short time.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bobcat Welding said:

Courage
Bobcat
Love the pep talk. I've been shooting / reloading less than a year now. I already got three, and didn't want/need another gun. But I might as well.

Ill keep my eyes open for something reasonably priced.

Vette Jockey2 said:
Absolutely!! Once you have a 28 gauge, you'll wonder why you waited so long to get one.
Oh, by the way, since your 28 gauge loader is already adjusted to the Automate, be sure you adjust your 12 gauge to the Automate so you don't have to change the current length of the pull rod. That way, you can jump back and forth between reloaders in a short time.
Not 100% sure what you are talking about, but it sounds like good advice

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
MD, you know what I did :D
IIRC, you did not want to shoot my 28ga for fear you would want one :lol:
Now that you have the loader...A true 28ga is a blast (pun intended)
For my setup, I just got a another actuator rod for the 28ga machine. It makes the change over easier.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Started shooting skeet and those shooters use 28 gauge for their weekly skeet shooting. Cheap to load for and fun to shoot. Bought a four barrel Browning set from Gunsunlimited this year and shooting the sub gauge is a hoot.

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
MD,

Come to the Bonanza Blast on the 1st, I'll supply the gun and shells.

Then decide what you want to do.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ceh383 said:
For my setup, I just got a another actuator rod for the 28ga machine. It makes the change over easier.
Yes... so true. I honestly don't know why I try to fight it.

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
md2020 said:
ceh383 said:
Yes... so true. I honestly don't know why I try to fight it.
Don't fight it, make an informed decision that works for you.

Show up on the 1st and shoot a familiar feeling gun, then decide what to do.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Like some folks always say, everything happens for a reason, even if we never find out what that reason is.
BUT, in this case, fate is being pretty clear. It's saying you NEED a 28. You didn't KNOW you needed it. But NEVER argue with fate :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
438 Posts
It's karma. Failure to purchase a 28 gauge gun will now bring the wrath of the reloading gods down upon you. At least that is what you can tell the wife.
Seriously, the 28 is so much fun, you owe it to yourself. Get one and blame it on the reloader.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
macrae3454 said:
Just curious what you negotiated for a price for the Automate with 28ga 9000?
Tom
PM sent

1 - 20 of 54 Posts