Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at Target the other day, saw it was on sale and said "what the hell", its an Inova X5, has 5 white LED's and is powered by two 3volt lithium batteries, and the damn thing is bright, very bright for its size. Its a little thicker and shorter than a Mini-Maglight (the 2 AA type) and it is at least 10 times brighter. What I like is that LED's will pretty much never burn out and they dont have a filiment to break if you drop the flashlight. The X5 is available in 5 LED colors, white,green, red, blue, and ultraviolet. and 2 body colors, silver and black.

http://www.inovalight.com/index.html

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have a couple of them, and they are quite bright, but so far, I haven't seen one that you can focus into a beam.

I have one that has 3 LEDs and a bulb. You can switch back and forth. The bulb gives a beam, the LEDs are like a fluorescent light.

I also have a mag light with 9 LEDs. Again very bright, but no beam.

The LEDs seem to project a light forward. It may require a mirror to focus back on a parabola

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it was on sale for $29.95 , normaly they are about $36
I kinda want to get another one with ultraviolet LED's just for fun, look at rocks and see who really cleans their sheets!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I want to get a good LED flashlight for general lookin' around in the dark purposes. My Surefire E2E eats up batteries in a hurry if its used much. I have heard that LED lights draw a lot less juice, so the batteries last longer. I didn't know that Target had the Inova. Maybe I'll pick one up on a post-Christmas sale.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I've been really impressed with the Photon Light series. I bought mine from thinkgeek.com (along with a lot of other nifty stuff). Everybody in my family got one the following Christmas. For just a little keyring flashlight, they're pretty bright. They're exceptionally handy when you're fumbling around in the dark.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.