Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice! Does the Shepard hunt/retrieve?
Yes he retrieves but does not hunt for them, he does not have the nose of my late Chesapeake but he eventually finds them and brings them back to me has a very soft mouth. One thing is that I never have to worry about anybody attacking me that's for sure. Steve!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Yes he retrieves but does not hunt for them, he does not have the nose of my late Chesapeake but he eventually finds them and brings them back to me has a very soft mouth. One thing is that I never have to worry about anybody attacking me that's for sure. Steve!
Yep! That is an impressive looking shepherd! Way more intimidating than my labs that will lick you to dearth :)

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
Good job! It's been several years since I shot a blue grouse. I'll have to rectify that soon.

I have a Pitbull/Australian Shepard mix that has been my flushing dog for several years. He is also fantastic at tracking but not so hot to retrieve an animal. At the least he will hold it in place until I come and retrieve it. A training bumper, frisbee, or anything else he will search until it is found.

What is great about him is he is afraid of fur so is one of the very few dogs I've owned that hasn't been sprayed by a skunk, stuck by a porcupine, or otherwise been in a fight with another critter. His demeanor changes when he scents fur making it easy to notice and call him off. Breaking him of chasing deer was a breeze, told him NO once when he was a pup. Normally, it takes a shot or two of electricity to get a similar response.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
blue's are the bane of my life.
i swear they have a picture of me up there somewhere with a caption underneath saying: mock this person, and stay 1 yard away from shotgun range at all times while doing so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts