Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GOV Rick Perry has screwed up hunting for the poor man say's no hunting on state river beds with bow and arrow or any other gun execpt for a shot gun with shot or buck shot only no slugs.I would like to know what he is thinking buck shot will only harm the animal a good part of the time and i belive that is wrong!!!!!! he should let people atleast use slugs and i would like to start a campain with signatures to try to get the law reversed what do you think would you support me if i did ??? could i count on yall for names???? thank yall all ghusa.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
GH,
I have a lease bordered on 3 sides by Brazos Riverbed and I'm not sure how excited I am about having people shooting slugs into my lease from inside the riverbed.

This is my first year on the lease, I understand better than most the plight of the public land hunter in Texas, but unless you can give me some better reasoning on why this law is a bad idea, I can't support you.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Good point. I guess people shoot into others property too much now and thats wrong. Lets please hunt only on our property or our lease. If you hunt public lands please respect the non-public land around you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well sir i can see ur point about people shooting in to your lease or your property but how the river bed hunting works is
you can hunt on the river bed until it rises over a foot off the water once it is over that it is considered the privet land
then and if u catch some one shooting past that point i would stand behind u 100% but as long as the person finds a good flat piece of the river were he has room to hunt and follows the law i see no problem with it my family has hunted the river beds
near uvalde cristal city my whole life and i was tought that if it is not in the river bed then give it time and u will catch him there no need in getting in trouble for a hunt it just takes the fun out of it and could cause u to lose your hunting privlage for ever!!!! and that is not some thing i would care to lose . for instance i have hunted this one piece of the river for 2 yrs and the rancher see's me ever time im there he always just smiles and waves becuse he know's i only hunt my little 40acre peice of flat river bed. now the rancher on the other side is a jerk that does not wan't any hunter hunting around his land that does not pay him to hunt and he is so bad that he has his purple post wich means no trespassing all the way down in the water trying to keep people off the river.and that is wrong but to keep the peice i just stay on the one side and hunt but i do plan on turning him in to the texas parks and wild life dept.but i don't think i will do any good becuse the goverment is always on the priv land owner's side so as u can see i can under stand your point but not all public land hunters are bad and if we don't stand up for what few hunting rights we have left then soon there will be no hunting at all . and just a little history lesson texas is the only state that kept there river beds public becuse when we joined the united states we kept our own constution stating that people had the right to use the public river beds for hunting fishing and picnics or what ever out door sport you chose becuse even then the big ranchers wanted it all to there self. and now they are finaly getting it .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts