·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Shrewd and likely looking for volume.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm happy anytime 3rd party American companies manufacture quality accessories for American built shotguns; especially in today's economy. Maybe we will see more and more Remingtons on Sporting Clay fields this way.

Compare the volume of high end Beretta semi accessories in the USA to those available for the 1100. Briley makes no Ti chokes or their new Helix chokes for any Remington product but does make them for Beretta's. And we wonder why we don't see more Remingtons competing on Sporting Clay courses.

I'm glad Muller is offering Remington owners his products so we can have a greater amount of choices like Beretta owners. Kinda evens up the playing field as it should be.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It pretty simple really it all boils down to individual needs and wants. Also seeing if new technologies can be beneficial to ones needs and wants. Ideally for my shotgun a lighter weight choke tube could be very beneficial plus we read nothing but praise for how well these chokes pattern. Now Remington owners can see for themselves. This just gives us the same choices as other brand shotgun owners have had for quite some time.

I have spent far more finding specific loads and shot for various choke combinations to gain a couple targets per shoot. Hours on a pattern board and trial and error then taking what we have learned and appling it on various course's to test our findings. Clay games and ones performance has much to do with a lot of attention to the little details.

·
Registered
14,693 Posts
Oh wants I totally agree with; needs is another matter entirely. I understand the theoretical reasoning fine. I punched thousands of sheets of paper and bought custom bored choke tubes, and got barrel work done, etc. when I was going after the ultimate in long range capability. But, I hardly see where it's highly applicable to clay games. I'll bet not one in ten shoots much paper to see what their latest toy is doing. They don't need to; they have all the manufacturer's tests already. Just proof that marketing hype works to my mind.
If you think they are the greatest thing since sex it's fine with me.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
At this point it's more of a being able to see "if" it's the greatest thing since sex .... Prior Remington owners could only listen to the findings of other brand owners. Now we can see for ourselves.

After I get my set I can take them to the pattern board and try various loads to see for myself if my expectations meet, exceed, or fall short for this purchase. As I am sure others will as well and we will see "Remington owners" comments and results posted. I am hopeful at this point, as with any new product purchase, that they will meet or exceed expectations.

Bottom-line is we now have additional options to choose from that we did not have before.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
The better shooters I shoot with now never seem to change chokes. (yes they have all the $$$ stuff) They use IM for everything? Even close targets.
I think your goal should be to find a decent mod or imp. mod choke that patterns well and never take it out except to clean. I favor IC choke but that is just me. Many of my guns now are fixed choke, so all my thinking goes to shooting rather than which choke should I use. Just my opinion, and I am still improving, and there is lots of room for that.
When I do carry chokes, it is 2. One in the gun and one in my pocket. Usually skeet and mod.
My theory is the target is close or it isn't. I also carry #9's and #7 1/2's.
When you get some please report.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will be getting the U1, U2, and U3 but probably using the U2 the most on the course's I generally shoot. I see no need for the U4 (full/xfull) for the course's I shoot most often. I use 8's for just about everything on a sporting field, though I do carry a few 9's and 7.5's at times. I use 9's for skeet and 7.5's for trap.

I will post my findings when I get and test them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.