Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can probably post this and nobody will read anyway. The Grouse season looks good this year. training a new pup and have flushed over fifty grouse in the last week on my property and behind. Just don't let any of those from Wisconsin or Michigan know. The only problem I see is that the brush has really grown this year. Going to be hard untilll the leaves are gone. It seems to be like it was back in the sixties and early seventies. Good luck to all. It should be a fun season.

Had to post a picture. She won't make it this fall. Next season though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
oldhunter1 said:
I can probably post this and nobody will read anyway. The Grouse season looks good this year. training a new pup and have flushed over fifty grouse in the last week on my property and behind. Just don't let any of those from Wisconsin or Michigan know. The only problem I see is that the brush has really grown this year. Going to be hard untilll the leaves are gone. It seems to be like it was back in the sixties and early seventies. Good luck to all. It should be a fun season.

Had to post a picture. She won't make it this fall. Next season though.
uh oh the secret is out! i'm from WI but now reside in st. paul for the past 2yrs. nice pup! me and my vizsla typically hunt the chequemagon national forest near my land WI. i have not yet had success for grouse in MN ... mostly b/c I haven't had time to drive up north. good luck this season

·
Registered
128 Posts
no success for me either this year so far. May not be hunting the right areas, or may have something to do with no dog

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just finished watching a show ( Focus Outdoors ) on a Grouse / Woodcock hunt . That looks brutal . The hunters could barely walk through the brush and trees. Even the dog had a hard time negotiating the cover .

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I live in Crandon WI. I promise I won't tell anyone. Really looking forward to this year also. Your "secret" is safe with me! {hs# Regards RB

·
Registered
147 Posts
Did OK last weekend near Blackduck. Up there scouting for deer and deer stand sites, and clearing the trails of downed trees from the past year.

Dave

·
Registered
217 Posts
The best of the season is past now. . . how did it go for you guys? I managed to get 7 grouse and 2 Woodcock this year. My 1 yr Lab is still learning the ropes but did okay. . . his flushing was better than my shooting!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts