Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in shooting the sts rem i find that clean-up is pretty much straight forward, but today shooting the gun club i really had to clean my barrels as the plastic fouling was sooooooooooo bad. it was scary!!! thought id get away with the gun club as they are a buck cheaper and have the same fps and so on.
has any one noticed this or is this common thing? kinda thought this was a toyota/lexus thing, same parts(primer, powder, shot) but different finish(hull color and so on) guess the wad is different too?

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
JC,
I used to shoot some of the claybuster wads that would cause a pretty good build up after 100 shells were fired. I bought a chamber brush at BassPro Shop and forced it thru the barrel once or twice and all the gunk was gone. Of course I was using some cleaner(Hoppes) along with it so it'd slide a little easier.
On of the downfalls of cheaper loads is cheaper components. Powder, wads and quality of the shot. As I clean mine pretty good after each time at the range I never let the crud bother me too bad.

HWD

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have the same brush i think, brass fine brush, ive got a s.s spiral for real dirty/crap bores but i dont use it on the chrome lined barrels. i also clean mine when i get home from the club. shot 50 shells yesterday so i dunno why the fouling was so bad unless it was a bad lot or something. ive practiced all the right rules for gun care and cleaning so i dunno....

edit: talked to gun smith new production gun club will gum up your gun. he him self said he's changed to estate b/c of that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts