Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been hangin on to dads guns for a while. I quit hunting when he passed. If I list a few, could someone be so kind as to give me an approximate value. Time to let them go. Thanks, Dan
--Ithaca over under model 500 20ga-3 used good cond.
--Savage 245 20 gauge under scoped 22. cool little gun. used great cond.
--Remington Woodsmaster w/scope 30.06. used fair cond.
--Browning 16 ga, over/under good cond.
--Browning special steel 12 ga. semi (looks like brushed stainless and carved. brand new. pretty gun
--"jed Williams" 20 gauge pump good cond.
both o/u guns and the 12 gauge have engravings. Thanks for any imput
:) Dan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks gunut1! Can't find the model # of that Browning??? It sure is nice though. Most have them on the barrel. All it says is browning arm co St louis MO. special steel 12 ga. shells 2 3/4.
the other side says browning patent and made in Belgium. there is also a 183 184 in the bottom of the barrel and some strange marking closer toward the mag. on the barrel. one says LG inside a drawing of what looks like a urn and below that a 12-70 inside a horseshoe design..?????

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
Your Browning auto sounds like a Double - Auto. Is the receiver rounded at the back and made of an alloy? If so, it is a DA. There are two versions that fit your description, the Twentyweight and the Twelvette. With the Twentyweight being lighter being about 8oz lighter. In good shape with a vent barrel these guns bring in the $400 to $600 range

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks..A5guy... I guess I'll have to bring it somewhere to have someone look at it. Do you guys sell this stuff on ebay or where? That gun is rounded at the back and a brushed silver color as opposed to typical black/blue. It may have been fired once. It's probably 20 + yrs old. Any guess about the others or is gunut1 correct? Dan

·
Registered
11,071 Posts
The gun market depends on the condition and desireability of the gun. Like cars and houses, it depends on the DETAILS of the condition. There is an "Asking price" and a "Buyer's price" depending on the desireability of the particular gun.

Buy a "Blue Book of Gun Values" of the latest edition, and post photos of the firearms that you have for sale.

That's the only way to tell where to start, and that's just "general info".!

What a gun will sell for depends on the part of the country, and what the buyer wants to spend and is able to pay.

BobK

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
I would think that the prices that gunnut gave you are pretty much in the ballpark. That little Savage would bring more than he said in my area, maybe $450 or so, but his prices are not far off. Remember guns sell for different prices in different areas.

I'd suggest that you list your guns on the Classifieds Section right here on this site. I have had good luck with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts