Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered an H&R 28gauge single shot from my local gun store. It was only $120 so I don't expect too much.
My question is have any of you guys had one and do they feel well made or do they feel like a cheapo when your carrying them? Thanks,

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
It is as Texas Tom said, they are utility guns, but stout and will serve you many years with reasonable care. Quality in my mind is a subjective thing. You can easily spend over $1,000 for a gun and get quality. There is a point where actual "quality" get no better, just fancier and more costly.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Speed, I've had a Pardner for several years, while it's not a beautiful gun, it is certainly functional and dependable. I taught my seven year-old nephew to shoot with it. I've also taken a few rabbits and squirrels with the Pardner, though it is a 30-yard gun. Mine came with a fixed, modified choke. I don't see how you can go wrong for that price.

·
Registered
17,956 Posts
And yes, they look and feel like what they are, a very inexpensive shotgun. Doesn't make them junk or unservicable! Just not a gilded lilly!

BP

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ive got 3 H&R 12 Gauge shot guns and I haven't had any problems out of them. In my opinion I think H&R make pretty reliable guns.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I finally retired my M48 Topper last year. It was made in 1950 and I could not even try to estimate the thounds of rounds, hundreds of game it took over the years. It never failed to fire and had not one thing ever go wrong with it. It was something like $10.00 new. It was an amazing little shotgun.
I cleaned it all up and put it above the mantle on my fireplace.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just bought one of these in the youth model. So far, I love it!
I bought it at Walmart for 94.89 You just can't beat the price in my opinion. I had never shot a 28 gauge, but I have to say it shoots real sweet. I would imagine it is around a 30 yard gun. I set up some small plastic soda bottles and me and the wify had a blast. Didn't take long to empty a box of shells. I am waiting for Walmart to re-open to get some more shells. I haven't shot a full box of shells that quick since I was a kid. I knew I ought to pick up more than 1 box.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts