Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
One of the guys at my club bought one and has been shooting trap with it.....no problems through about 500 rounds. He uses it for singles, so it really isn't the best gauge for reliability.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I have the Verona 405 semi-auto, which is the same gun as the H&R Excell auto, H&R is the new importer. It is a pretty good gun for the money, but I like my Mossberg 930 and use the Verona as a loaner gun. (I'm a lefty and the wrong way safety just got annoying in the layout blind) I did nail my only triple on geese last year with the Verona though, it shoots well and is a pretty easy system to clean.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Last month I was with a friend on a dove hunt. He took it out and showed it to me and, after killing a few, let me take some shots with it. I liked it alot. It felt really sturdy. While we were out there, he never had a single jam or misfire or anything of the kind. I think I do remember him saying something about it not being the easiest to clean. But I cant remember, for the life of me, why. If you are still open to other autoloaders in that price range you may want to look at the Stoeger Model 2000. That is my pick. I recommend it to almost anyone shopping that price range. Good Luck! Hope you find the right gun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.