Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I have seen pics of this barrel. I would think that a bump to the muzzle of it would rip the threads for screw in chokes out of my gun. Not to mention the strain it puts on the threads just carring it around. Thanks, but, no thanks

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
I've used these a number of times and they are as Worc said, used with subsonic rounds for control of not only geese but crows and deer. Federal makes a tungste/iron goose load and also a load of lead 7 1/2s for crows. The Winchester Low Noise/Low Recoil loads also work well. Use of standard loads in these barrels does reduce the noise a fair bit but it is still quite noticable. I don't know if the slugs are available to the public yet but these barrels with special slugs are often used within city limits to cull deer. The whole assembly weighs about a pound which isn't too bad and as it is made of aluminum, there is little to worry regarding the steel threads of your choke tubes.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
I suppose if you miss a bird with the Hastings you could always bayonet the b----r! It certainly does look clumsy and a bit fragile.

Just for once UK gun law is more generous than yours; we are allowed sound moderators on both shotguns and rifles. The shotgun variety has a use for vermin (like on golf courses as has been said) and for woodpigeon shooting over decoys.

Have a peep at http://www.bigginhill.co.uk/hush.htm
they do a Mossberg pump, and an O/U.

Eug

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.