Have you had your shotgun customized?
Action/Trigger350.00%
Barrel233.33%
Stock116.67%

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Have you had your shotgun Action/Trigger, Barrel, Stock customized? Or any other type of customizing done? This is work you have done or had someone else do. Not the customized type that comes from the factory.

I've had my Ruger Spoting Clays O/U barrels pigeon ported by Mag-na-port. I've been thinking about sending my 390 barrel off and have it backbored. Keith

·
Registered
48 Posts
I voted for trigger but I wanted to vote twice, once for barrel as well. I have had several barrels done by Allem's and one by Vang. These range from forcing cones to back-boring. Both of these outfits are fist class all the way.
All my guns are short-barreled HD-types.
The trigger I had done just arrived this week from ARS. I wanted to see what they could do with an 870 trigger. Call it a test run of their service if you like. I am pleased with their turn-around time and they did a nice job of obviously pulling it apart and polishing everything. This cost me 60 clams. I am not sure if I'd do it again though as it is still not as sweet a trigger as my bride's 20 ga. 1100 but it is nice and I have yet to actually shoot the gun with the modified trigger group so I may be much happier after that. I hope to send a gun to ARS for a Metacol finish within a few months. That should be very cool, I hope.
Mike

·
Registered
293 Posts
I found a nice used Citori Special Trap in great shape, but wanted 3" capability, so I had the chambers cut out to 3" and the forcing cones re-lengthened. It still patterns very well with trap loads as well as 3"ers.

G

·
Have a 870 Big Game gunw/synthetic cammo stock. Added a 28;; vent rib barrel and synthetic montecarlo buttstock for trap shooting and to lessen the effect of recoil on my jaw. I also use a Aimtech scopemount for deer hunting

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I always take apart a new gun's action and do an additional bit of hand fitting. It makes a big difference. Worn in feel without being worn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.