·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The barrel is stamped as such:
Hawthorne-Viking
Montgomery Ward & co. - 458
Action made in France

The other side is stamped 12ga- 2-3/4-MOD.
The receiver is stamped 5369 in front of the loading slot.
If anyone could help me identify this shotgun and/or find parts I would appreciate it. I don't care how much its worth. It was my grandfathers and would just like to see it complete again.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your help. Thats pretty much what I found when I looked. If I find something out I'll post it.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
That would be a BIG help. I also found a Ranger pump shotgun , that was made in france , I was hoping for similarity to try a backdoor approach on ID but there wasn't enough to proceed in that direction....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This didn't have what I was looking for, but, it looks to be very helpful for cross-referencing house brands(model/serial) to actual manufacturer's (model/serial). It might help you out in the future.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/crossref.asp

I'm guessing 458 is my model number. I didn't see it in the list.

G

·
i have one. it has a goldish colored reciever. i too am looking for info/parts. mine was purchased at a pawnshop many years ago. i took it back to the pawnshop where i was told it was purchased and they couldnt tell me anything about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just discovered this forum. It looks like a great site.

I found this older post that really caught my eye.

I inherited a shotgun from my father-in-law. It has hawthorne-viking 428 on the barrel. I also need to find an outlet for parts.

I would appreciate any replys at [email protected]
please use hawthorne-viking for the subject.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.