Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, It seems like everyone bird or duck hunts. Are there any other rabbit hunters out there?

·
Premium Member
4,416 Posts
Hey J Rem,
It's been quite a few years since I've hunted rabbit. Only a couple of times did I hunt behind beagles. Normally it was a brush-pile-kickin type affair. It was fun, but I hate the smell when you clean 'em. Is this similar to your rabbit hunting adventures?
regards,
Jay Gentry
Shotgunworld.com

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are not many people around here that hunt anymore either. There used to be a lot of people around these parts that rabbit hunted, but the rabbits began to thin out and a lot of people quit hunting.

I currently have five beagles and am going to have a litter of pups in about two months. We have always used beagles. I love to hear them run the rabbits, whether or not I kill them doesn't really matter. In fact I took them out last night and had several good races. I saw the rabbit 6 or 7 times and the dogs just about cought him.

We also do a lot of swamp rabbit hunting in the winter. That is a blast, they will run a rabbit sometimes for up to two hours before we even get a shot at him.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, if you call rabbit huntin going out at 10 or 11 at night with a spotlight and .22/slash pellet gun :twisted: , then i guess u cud count me in. But normally if im gonna hunt small varmit like i use a 410, its pretty easy to use, not much kick, the shells are light, but exspensive :x. You might have read articles in your local game and fish magazine that tell you a 410 is the most worthless gun in the world, but that's a bunch hoo-ha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.