Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all!

I’m excited to finally be joining the browning club with the purchase of a new to me Citori 20ga. I’m hacking a heckuva time tho figuring out the specific model based on the photos and serial number I have from the seller (waiting on the gun to ship from FL to my FFL here in TX). The seller is the original owner and said it was simply positioned to him as a Citori grade iii at the time he bought it and based on the serial number I was able to determine it was manufactured in 1990 but the only two digits immediately after the letters in the code are 63 (5 and that doesn’t seem to match anything I can find in any of the literature. Any ideas on how to get it figured out?

One other question - the owner said he thought the gun weighed 7lbs 4os but that seems pretty heavy for a 2 3/4” 20ga with 28” barrels - will obviously weigh it when I get it but curious if anyone had thoughts on that as well.

Thanks in advance for any insight and looking forward to conversations in the forum!

Cheers,

Brown Vehicle Vertebrate Car Wood

·
Registered
9,804 Posts
At the risk of kicking myself for asking now that it’s too late to make a difference - ~$2K a reasonably fair price to pay?
That's what you would have paid for a Browning CX, and a Grade 3 from the 90s is a MUCH nicer gun. I wouldn't have ANY problem with that price. Even the standard grade version of the same would be pushing 1500-1600+

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey y’all!

I’m excited to finally be joining the browning club with the purchase of a new to me Citori 20ga. I’m hacking a heckuva time tho figuring out the specific model based on the photos and serial number I have from the seller (waiting on the gun to ship from FL to my FFL here in TX). The seller is the original owner and said it was simply positioned to him as a Citori grade iii at the time he bought it and based on the serial number I was able to determine it was manufactured in 1990 but the only two digits immediately after the letters in the code are 63 (5 and that doesn’t seem to match anything I can find in any of the literature. Any ideas on how to get it figured out?

One other question - the owner said he thought the gun weighed 7lbs 4os but that seems pretty heavy for a 2 3/4” 20ga with 28” barrels - will obviously weigh it when I get it but curious if anyone had thoughts on that as well.

Thanks in advance for any insight and looking forward to conversations in the forum!

Cheers,

View attachment 36243
Beautiful gun! $2000 for that gun is a bargain, let me know if you want to get rid of it. The case alone is worth $300-$400. I just spent $1700 for a low mileage CXS and would gladly have bought the one you found instead.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts