Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a forward from the tactical thread. Thanks for the helphttp://pub125.ezboard.com/fshotgunworldfrm13.showMessage?topicID=116.topic---Guardian------------------------------------------------------------------------Hello,I inherited a Mossberg Maverick 88 shotgun. It has a 18.5" barrel. The gun would only hold 4 (2 3/4") shells. I checked the Maverick website and I thought my model would hold 6 shells. I ensured the gun was unloaded and disassembled the barrel from the receiver. It appeared that the spring was bunched up in the tube. I pushed on the spring (from the top) with a cleaning rod. The spring cap (metal) is now stuck where you load the shells. How can I get the cap to go back and seat properly? Also, anyone know how many 2 3/4" shells this model holds?Thanks in advance "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective"--Ted Nugent

G

·
I HAVE THE SAME TYPE GUN ,THAT HAS BLOWNED UP ON ME TWICE. THERE ARE VERY DEFECTIVE!!!!!!!!!!! THE FIRST ONE I HAVE MY BULLET BLEW OUT TO THE SIDE ,NOW JUST A FEW DAYS AGO MY 2ND ONES BARREL BLEWUP. BOTH TIMES IT CAME VERY CLOSE TO KILLING 2 OTHER HUNTER WITH ME THAT WERE NEAR. THESE GUNS ARE VERY DEFECTIVE & ITS NOT JUST THESE MODELS. THERE ARE OTHER MODELS THAT WHEN YOU LOAD THEM ,WITHOUT PULLING THE TRIGGER GO OFF!!!!! HOPE THIS WILL HELP TO MAYBE SAFE A LIFE FROM THESE VERY DEFECTIVE GUNS!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.