Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,I inherited a Mossberg Maverick 88 shotgun. It has a 18.5" barrel. The gun would only hold 4 (2 3/4") shells. I checked the Maverick website and I thought my model would hold 6 shells. I ensured the gun was unloaded and disassembled the barrel from the receiver. It appeared that the spring was bunched up in the tube. I pushed on the spring (from the top) with a cleaning rod. The spring cap (metal) is now stuck where you load the shells. How can I get the cap to go back and seat properly? Also, anyone know how many 2 3/4" shells this model holds?Thanks in advance

·
Registered
182 Posts
ccagle,I posted this in the gun restoration forum. They'll be able to help you better than I will.http://pub125.ezboard.com/fshotgunworldfrm20.showMessage?topicID=91.topicHope that helps "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective"--Ted Nugent

G

·
Hello, I have a Maverick 88 myself. What you want to do is unscrew the magazine tube by first removing the barrel, and the twisting magazine tube in a counter-clockwise motion. By doing so the cap in the tube will pop out and you can fix the spring and put the cap into its proper place. Also, all Maverick 88's can how 6 shells, 5 in the bottom, 1 in the top.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts