·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello

Passed proof November 1922. 7,8 is the bore diameter. My guess would be 8X57R (.318). The MM could be for Max Möller, Zella-Mehlis. However, there were others who might have used an MM marking. I've been told Max Möller used the mark M M (with a space). MM also occurs encircled. Max Möller maybe changed his trade mark as time went by? Is there a name on the rib?

EDIT: remembered incorrectly. MM without space is for Max Möller. So I was told.

Peter
Thanks so much! I added one more pic I forgot to upload. Do those markings mean anything? Is there any kinda value for something like this? I was told about 3 to 5 thousand about 5 years ago but idk if the guy knew anything about guns.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Kerner-Anson platform which for the time was quite new as well as quite novel. The adornment is typical Zella-Mehlis and by a student of Gustav Ernst(he passed this life in 1899 I believe). Bushed & disk set strikers for the scattergun tubes is a lovely addition. It was an upgrade from the Blitz lock and approached a premier offering considering the time and gunmaking centre. I would hazard a guess it would fetch $2500 to maybe $3000 @ auction. What is the length of the tubes and is there a menancing muzzle or adornment on the muzzle?

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kerner-Anson platform which for the time was quite new as well as quite novel. The adornment is typical Zella-Mehlis and by a student of Gustav Ernst(he passed this life in 1899 I believe). Bushed & disk set strikers for the scattergun tubes is a lovely addition. It was an upgrade from the Blitz lock and approached a premier offering considering the time and gunmaking centre. I would hazard a guess it would fetch $2500 to maybe $3000 @ auction. What is the length of the tubes and is there a menancing muzzle or adornment on the muzzle?

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
Idk the length it’s locked up at my fathers house. It seems short to me. He doesn’t trust his sons to touch it. 😂. also idk what menancing on the muzzle is. It has a pop up sight when you switch from shotgun to rifle. 🤷‍♂️

1 - 9 of 9 Posts