Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My oldest boy is just taking an interest in skeet shooting, so I've opened up the safe. I've got two 16 gauge shotguns that havent seen the light of day in 15 years. They were handed down to me, and never used, and doesnt look like they are going to get used (the 12 ga pump holds more interest for him).

Any help on build date and value would be great.

The first one is a Sears and Roebuck, Model 14 583.1450 bolt action 16 gauge. Best I've found so far is:
583.14 ** model 10 16gauge 1/13/48

But not sure if this is the same for a 583.1450?? Also, the page I got that info from states that it is part of a recall.... but most other pages I have read state the recall was only for 12 gauges? Can anyone provide some clarification? I figure even if we can get $50 for it, he can use it to buy a new pump gun.

The other one is an Ithaca Model 37 16 gauge pump. Havent found any exact info on it, most look slightly different, or have longer serial numbers. Not sure if the 4 -- is part of ther serial number, but the bottom numbers are 6501* (5 digits, last one I starred).

Hopefully some of you can provide some more info than I've been able to find. They will probably be going to a gun shop soon to make room for something new, but I'd still like to know their history!

Thanks!
Mike

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
The cross-reference listing appears to show that the Sears bolt-action is a Harrington & Richardson Model 120.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/crossref.asp

The Ithaca 16 ga pump looks to be in good condition. Should be able to get a little money for it. Someone will be along to give you a better estimate than I could.

You can also look at GUNBROKER.COM and AUCTIONARMS.COM to see what others are asking for them.

Good luck and Welcome to SGW!!!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
on the ithaca the -4 means full choke....its a nice early one with all the early extras like checkered forend and over the top checkering on the pistol grip....the pic looks like the gun is in good condition...should bring in the 350/375 range more if that pad is ithaca marked....

the sears gun is a $100 gun but a nice example of 50s/60s era bolt guns....I had a JC higgins 16ga bolt when I was in my teens....ahhhhh the memories

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.