Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Franchi Alcione T (titanium) that I purchased new 2 years ago as a 20 GA. gun. I subsequently purchased a set of 12 GA barrels that are not original to the gun.

I have used this gun sparingly over the last couple of years, to the tune of about 75-80 rounds of 12 GA and maybe 250-300 rounds of 20 GA. The gun is in good condition with no nicks, dings, rust, pits, blemishes, etc....with the exception of some finish wear on the metal strap behind the trigger guard, which I was very disappointed to see considering ho wlitle i have used the gun.

Anyway, I want t o post this gun for sale as I am shooting the Geurinin where I used to shoot this one. Also, my son is getting to the point where he will be graduating from his single shot .410 and is starting to ask questions about the 20 Ga guns. I would like to make room in the safe for a couple of "bigger" guns for him and selling this one would facilitate that.

I may have missed something, but i don't see alot of these for sale and noticed that they are discontinued from the Franchi catalog. It is a great shooting, very solid gun that is a pleasure to carry. Each barrel set has 4 choke tubes and I have all original paperwork and hard case for the original gun and 20 GA barrel set.

What would be a fair price to ask for this gun? As best I can recall, I paid in the neighborhood of $1350 for the gun and the extra barrel set. Not seeing them for sale, I have nothing to compare to to set my price.

I would also be interested in knowing if there is a quality problem with these guns or if they are just scarce.

Any help, advice, or opinion is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks waverider...I appreciate it. I took it out last night,and while the gun has very few rounds, the finishe wear on rear of trigger guard and one very small scratch on the buttstock, would probably prevent this gun from being 98%.

I think I will just post it for sale with some good detail pics and see what the market thinks it's worth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts