Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I got an shotgun from my father some years ago, and i am wondring about what year its from and what value it have.
i have uploaded some photos that may help.

Its an W. & C. Scott & Son - Monte Carlo
if you need the shotgun serie number let me know. or more pictures. :)

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
If the name is W. & C. Scott & Son and the model name is Monte Carlo, then the gun was made by one of the better known English makers who was/is located at various locations in Biringham, England from 1840 to date. The Monte Carlo model a side lock double was made from 1892 to 1935 with about 30,000 being made. If you will furnish the serial number of the gun I have serial number-year made tables. Value of a shotgun depends on the condition. the amount of original finish remaining on the metal and wood as well as the mechanical condition. Sorry but you addressed neither however a W. & C. Scott & Son gun will bring more than the average double barrel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello again :)

i do got the nr: 100159
The name is W & C. Scott & son.

The shotgun is in very good condison, and everyting is working as it shall do.
its no rust on it or anyting. :)

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
The gun was made some time between 1912 and 1914 according to my serial number tables. Again value is determined by condition and your excellent condition might be my good or fair. In any case I went through four price reference books looking for this model. I only found one reference and that was a general one.It said than the gun in excellent to good condition was worth $3,000 to $1,000. The only was to get an accurate estimation is a hands on examination. I suggest you take the gun to a qualified expert for such an exam. You can look in the telephone book yellow pages for Appraisers (not the flea market type), Gun Shops or Dealers or Gunsmiths. A work of caution. Al;though English made guns and this maker in particular made quality shotguns, this was the time for the change over from old style guns that used black powder ammunition and had damascus barrels to guns designed for smokeless powder and fluid steel barrels.I'm not sure that your gun has fluid steel barrels. If you intend to shoot it, please have it checked out by a qualified gunsmith first. Another thing I found out is that all W.& C. Scott & Sons shotguns were discontinued in 1990.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want to start to say you have been very helpfull.
you are an good man :)

tanks for all the info i got from you ned.
i will let other ppl that have some problems look you up :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.