Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A shooting buddy has an Ponsness Warren 800 B and a bunch of powder and shot that he has had for years and never reloaded. I load on a 800 plus and he has asked me to help get him started. I have searched here and on YouTube and I would like to know how to go about weighing shot and powder charges without the die removal system and also how do you change the bushings? I haven't seen his machine but will I find the rest familiar?
Thanks,
Tony

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Ponsness sells a powder check tool. It's just a plastic sleeve that slides over the shot or powder drop tube and catches the drop. Weigh it and use the funnel to pour it back into the hull. I use it on my 800+, I find it much simpler than removing dies.

You could order an ez-fill hopper and plate from ponsness if the hopper base doesn't have the access ports. I machined access ports into an older style plate for one of my machines. Fairly simple if you have access to a mill or a good drill press.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.